Today is a fantastic day to Run!
Running is the world’s most accessible sport – you can do it at any time, in any place, and without equipment. Running provides countless benefits including improving a persons mental and physical state and helping with weight loss and management. It also is the source of many musculoskeletal injury complaints. About 50% of runners complain of some issue related to running such as foot, ankle, hip, knee, or low back pain. Poor running technique and muscle imbalances can lead to a number of repetitive use injuries that causes pain – and time off from running. The great news is that the majority of the issues brought on by running activity can be addressed through a running assessment.
At PAARTS your running assessment will include:
- Review of your current running program, plans and goals
- Discussion of your musculoskeletal complaints and past injuries
- Assessment of your alignment, biomechanics, muscle and joint imbalances, strength and flexibility
- Outdoors running gait analysis
- Corrective exercise program designed to address and improve your specific function, imbalances and performance efficiency.
Our goals for you are to:
- Eliminate your running related pain issues
- Teach you techniques to improve your strength, flexibility, and mobility related to running
- Address your joint, muscle and biomechanical imbalances
- Improve your core, hip, knee and ankle stability
- Improve your running efficiency and technique
- Help you avoid future running related injuries
Could you benefit from a running assessment?
“Some weaknesses manifested when exercising and doing recreational activities that normally wouldn’t cause me pain or discomfort. Katy was able to assess the imbalances in my body and work with me to help restore my balance and posture. She made me aware of simple changes I could do to strengthen my stance, as well as work with me on mobility exercises to take my recreational physical endeavors to the next level.”
Jory Herman, Los Angeles Philharmonic, Double Bass